01 Oct Why Evacuated Tube Solar Collectors are worth considering
The most obvious reason is of course the efficiency this type of collectors provides. The tubes capture the infrared rays from the sun. Even though all collectors work a little bit during a cloudy day, evacuated tube solar collectors, work so much better.
Here are some of the benefits you will be getting:
- Due to the shape, the collectors have a wider angle and spend more time absorbing.
- The heat retention of the tubes are particularly impressive, which allows more use during overcast days and night time.
- If one tube breaks, you don’t have to replace the whole panel because the tubes are independent from each other.
- It’s a great collector for areas with strong winds, as the independent tubes allow air to pass in between.
- As mentioned earlier, the collectors are known for performing on cloudy days.